Thursday 10 April 2014

30mins Bread Rolls ( Metric Measurement & Hand Knead) by Cuen Cuen Foo






















 
 
 

30mins Bread Rolls by Cuen Cuen

 
Diana Gale has also shared the recipe (40mins bread roll) on her blog and on CK FB.
I converted to metrics measurements as I find it more accurate this way.
 
30 Minute Bread Rolls


Adapted from YourHomeBasedMom

Ingredients:
260g warm water
66g cup oil
16g active dry yeast (2TBSP)
50g sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 egg
476g bread flour (I used 20g of wholemeal flour and 450g of bread flour)
1tbsp of milk powder, optional. (Not in original recipe)
Method:
1. Heat oven to 220C. ( I used 180C)
2. In your mixer bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Using your dough hook, mix in the salt, egg, flour and milk powder. *
3. Knead with hook until will incorporated and dough is soft and smooth. (Just a few minutes)*
4. Form dough into 12 balls and then place in a greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Glaze with egg wash. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.*
5. Bake for 15mins. *
* 1. I did not use mixer but hand kneaded for the entire process. As I was knead, I added more flour as it's a bit sticky. Just knead till smooth (I took about 5mins), no need window panel stage.
2. Divide the dough into 80g x 8pcs and place in a greased tube pan (23 or 25cm diameter). Remaining, divide into 3 equals part and place in a small loaf tin or may bake into buns.
3. Rest for 10mins. Brush with melted butter (or milk) and sprinkle with sugar and cheese (I used mozzarella or parmesan cheese)
4. Baked at 180C for the first 10 mins and 200C for another 7 mins
5. Remove from pan to cool.
*Note: I used redman yeast, it yields a yeasty smell. Perhaps can try to avoid that brand.
Overall, this recipe produce a very soft bread and very easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment