Ingredients1 chicken leg (thigh + drum, deboned)
4 chinese mushrooms
1 chinese sausage
3 cups glutinous rice
Seasoning for chcken
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp oyster sauce
Seasoning for rice
1 TBsp oyster sauce
1 TBsp light soya sauce
1/2 TBsp sesame oil
1 tsp dark soya sauce
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp five spice powder
1 cup water (I used water that I soaked mushrooms with and top up to 1 cup)
Method (for chicken)
1. Debone chicken leg and cut into pieces.
2. Soak chinese mushrooms with some water and cut up (do not throw away the water)
3. Slice chinese sausage.
4. Marinate chicken with seasoning above for at least an hour,
Method (for rice)
1. Soak glutinous rice for 6hrs or overnight.
2. Mix seasoning for rice together with water. Stir well.
3. Heat some oil in wok and fry garlic till fragrant.
4. Add rice into wok and stir fry with garlic.
5. Add water with seasoning into wok and mix well with rice.
6. Keep frying till water dries up. Remove from heat.
1. Place some chicken, mushrooms and chinese sausage at the bottom of a bowl.
2. Top with rice till 3/4 full.
3. Place in wok and steam for 30 mins or until cooked.
4. Run a butter knife around the bowl and invert onto plate. Serve while hot.