Cheesy Meat Patties Ingredients
180g minced meat of ur choice – marinated with salt, pepper, sesame oil, light soya sauce
2 slice of cheese
Divide the meat into the small portion. Wrapped with cheese in the middle. Shape it to any shapes you like.
Thinly coat with some corn flour. Egg wash it. Spread breadcrumbs over it.
You can chose to pan fried it with some oil or deep fried it.
REMEMBER to absorb off the oil or else it gets very oily on the breadcrumbs.
1 carrot, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
10 pineapple cubes into half
1/2 bunch finely chopped coriander
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
5 tbsp pineapple juice
11/2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1. Mixed drumsticks with marinade. Season for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
2. Preheat oven to 200 C.
3. Place onion slice on the ceramic plate then marinade drumsticks and
follow cover with onion slice, carrot slice, pineapple cubes and some
coriander leaves and brush with the excess marinade sauce.
4. Wrap the ceramic plate with foil paper and bake for 30 mins. Unwrap
the foil paper, lower the temperature to 180 C, bake for another 15-20
mins until drumsticks are golden brown.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
wooden frame 24 x 14 x 8cm or 7" squares baking pan)
5 Medium size Eggs (Separated) - room temperature
Bread flour 100g (Sift twice)
Milk 2 tbsp (Water is fine)
directly into a saucepan, add in milk and cook on low till honey melt and set a
2.Beat egg whites
till foamy, add in sugar by third and continue to beat till stiff peak.
3.Add in egg yolks
one at a time and mix well.
4.Add in sifted
flour bit by bit with the mixer running on medium-low speed and mix for a
5.Add in the honey
mixture and mix for another minute.
6.Stop mixer , give
a few fold by hand using a rubber scraper to prevent any pockets of flour
sinking at the bottom. U will notice abit of lumps at this point, its normal.
7. Sift the batter through a sieve with the help of the
rubber scraper into another large bowl.
8. Pour batter slowly into lined castella wooden frame so as
to burst the bubbles.Slightly smooth
surface. Give a few bang on the countertop
to remove any air bubbles.
9. Bake at 160degree for 50mins to an hour or till skewer
comes out clean. (I bake for 50mins)
10. Once baked, drop your baking pan with a height on the
countertop for 2 -3 times to prevent them from shrinking excessively. Let cool for 5 mins.
11. Place a big piece of baking paper on top of the cake,
Flip them upside down and remove the wooden frame or baking tin. Let it cool
for another 5 mins.
12. Tear off baking paper from cake and wrap them up with baking
paper followed by a layer of clingwrap then to a big and clean plastic bag and
tie tight.Send the wrap cake into the
refrigerator immediately to preserve moisture.
13. Leave them in fridge overnight.
14. Trim the side of the cake with a sharp or serrated
knife, slice and serve.
15. Any leftover cakes are advisable to wrap in clingwrap
followed by a air-tight container and store in the fridge.
***Notes and tips
1. Do not overbeat the egg whites, just till stiff peak
(abit glossy) but not chunky if not u have when too far.
2. Test the cake doneness when baking reach 45 - 50mins
depends on individual oven. Do not
overbake if not cake will turn out to be dry.
3. Don't leave the cake till completely cool before u wrap
and place them in the fridge if not it will result in dry cake.Wrapping them and straight to the fridge when
they are still warm is to lock the moisture of the cake.
4. For Matcha castella, mix 2 tbsp of matcha powder with
flour and sift together.
5. For marble effect, dilute 1.5 tsp of matcha powder with 3
tsp hot waterto form a paste. Weigh 80g
of sifted batter, mix with the matcha
paste. Pour white and green batter alternately base on your own creation and
give a few swirl with a chopstick.
6. You can create your own version of castella with diff
flavours too. But advisable to bake the original for once before trying with
7. If you don't have a castella wooden frame you can still bake
this cake by wrapping a 7" square baking tin completely from inside-out
with aluminum foil follow by baking paper. Refer to picture on how to lined the
Brown butter cinnamon baked sweet potato doughnuts
Light brown sugar60g
Cooked and mashed sweet potato1/2cup
1. Lightly mix all ingredients in a mixer except flours and butter. Add in both
sifted flours and knead till dough form, then add in butter and knead for
8-10mins till smooth dough form.
2. Proof for an hour or till double in size.
3. Roll out dough on a floured working space and cut using a dough cutter or u
can roll into round balls depends on how big u want your doughnuts to be and
4. Let it proof for 45mins to an hour.
5. Bake at 190 - 200 degree for 10-12mins. If the dough gets too brown very
quickly, lower down the temperature to 170-180degree and continue to bake till
cook. But do not overbake if not it will turn out hard and dry. (Do watch out when
baking, as we are using a very high temp but shorter timing to bake in order to
achieve soft texture as overbaking or baking too long may cause doughnuts to be
hard and dry.)
6. Coat your baked doughnuts with brown butter followed by Cinnamon sugar and
you are done
-Brown butter Melt about 60g of butter in a saucepan
over medium-low heat continue to cook
till it turns brown, with occasional stirring. You will smell a nutty fragance
when its ready.
- Cinnamon sugar
Mix some sugar with cinnamon ground (Amount of cinnamon
ground depends on individual preferences)
Ingredients: 70g softened salted butter 50g icing sugar 4 Tbsp Bacon bits (pan fry with some olive oil to crispy) 5-6 Tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese (chop to fine bits) 200g multi purpose flour or cake flour Preheat oven at 170C
Methods: 1)whisk butter and icing sugar to pale yellow creamy form. 2)add in bacon bits + bacon oil fold to combine well. 3)add in cheese bits fold to combine well. 4)sieve in flour to mixture to form dough. divide dough to around 30 balls and flatten to cookie shape. Or divide dough to two sets of 5cm diameter rolls, wrap in cling film, set in fridge for 3 hrs. Take out and slice it to around 6mm thickness. 5) place cookies on to baking sheet and lay on tray. 6) bake in oven at middle rack for around 15 minutes.
7) place on rack to cool completely before storing in a air tight jar.
This is one of those dishes that you'll get "oohs" and "ahhs" when you bring it out at a dinner gathering. And the fragrance that fills your kitchen when the bacon is cooking in the oven is just awesome.
Wrapping the tenderloin can be a little bit tricky the first time, but you'll get the hang of it. Especially if you are one of those who do Swiss-rolls a lot.
Ingredients: (serves 2-4) 1 whole uncut pork tenderloin, about 300 - 350 grams - cleaned and trimmed About 300 grams streaky bacon (should get about 12 slices or so) 3 sprigs of fresh thyme - leaves only 4-5 sage leaves - finely chopped 4 cloves of garlic - minced Salt and back pepper Cooking oil for frying Maple Syrup (optional)
Steps: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Cover the prep surface with plastic wrap before starting this recipe to make it easier to wrap the pork in bacon and for an easier cleanup. I recommend at least 2 layers of cling wrap as this makes the cling wrap easier to handle.
2. Rub the thyme, sage and garlic all over the tenderloin. A little salt and generous amount of pepper. Place the tenderloin horizontally on the end plastic wrap that is closer to you.
3. Then in front of the tenderloin, on the plastic wrap, place the bacon vertically. Slightly overlap each slice until you cover the length of the tenderloin. Forming like a bacon blanket in front of the tenderloin.
4. Roll the tenderloin over the bacon, using the plastic wrap guide the tenderloin over the bacon first. Once you get a tight firm roll, discard the plastic wrap.
5. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. When the oil gets really hot, place the bacon-wrapped tenderloin, seam-side down, in the pan and sear until the bacon is browned, about 2 minutes per side. You should probably have to brown 4 sides.
6. Transfer the bacon-wrapped tenderloin to a roasting tray. Brush generously with maple syrup (if using) and cook the tenderloin in the oven until the internal temp reads about 62 degrees C. Probably about 10 minutes or so. Then let is rest outside the oven for about 5-10 mins before cutting.